Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Update




Well it seems it was a knitting free weekend! That's really OK because I got to spend some quality time with some of my girls and Jeff. Saturday started out in the barn with Jeff cleaning and picking up to get ready to make a few wood items for some friends--of course nothing ever goes according to plans. One of our girls was having a rough day so we told her to get her butt to our house and spend some time around people that love her. Right before she got here Miki and Sean stopped in, they had been out running errands, then Heather got here so we all talked her through a rough patch and had some lunch. Then we all ended up in the barn just chatting, laughing and having a great time. We decided to go to the movies and after much discussion we picked National Treasure 2. Miki, Sean and Heather had already seen it but they were willing to see it again. The movie was GREAT I highly recommend it. We came back to the house and 2 of our other girls came over, Lisa and Ashley, and we all did a little porch talking and ordered pizza at around 11:00 PM!! I think it was around 1:00 in the morning by the time they all left. I think it was a bit much for poor Jeff and Sean with us girls yakking it up!


Sunday Jeff and I spent alone and got some projects done in the barn. We had a couple people comment on our napkin press on our kitchen table. They had asked where we got it and when we said we had made it they were a little disappointed they couldn't buy one. Soooo...we whipped up a few yesterday. We made 4 of them and 2 are already spoken for. We finally finished up in the barn around 10:00 last night. I love spending time with Jeff like that it's so much fun to work with him on projects.




Jeff leaves for DC this afternoon for a couple days so my plan is to get some organizing done and then just sit and KNIT!!!!

I received and e-mail from Auntie Linda and I guess we pushed her just enough and she is working on a cable pattern now!! GO AUNTIE!!! Guess this means I have to think about learning socks!!

I better get running and finish getting Jeff's packing done for his little trip. I will talk to you all soon.

Blessings and Hugs to all

Donna

2 comments:

Dana said...

It sounds like you had a fun weekend with the girls (and token guys). ;) LOL

Your napkins presses are adorable! Enjoy your quiet days of knitting (I'm sooooo jealous). XOXO

Jill L said...

even tho there was no knitting -- it sounds like a lovely weekend!