Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Introduction--ME!!


Well I thought it was time to start a new blog spot for a new year. This will be primarily knitting but there may be times I throw in some of my other crafts or thoughts.


My name is Donna and I live in VA with my hubby Jeff and 2 cats, a rabbit, chinchilla, snake and fish and many wild critters in our back yard that I love to watch and feed. We have one daughter, Michele, but we call her Miki--thanks to Auntie Linda. Miki is engaged to Sean--they have been together for 5 years and are getting married on November 8 of this year!! They have their own place not far from us. Since they have been together we have "adopted" all their friends so they ALL call us Mom and Dad. I think we are up to about 24 "kids" and now 2 of them have babies so we are Grammy and Grumpy Grandpa to them! They all keep me busy especially with my knitting.


I love to knit--I have been knitting off and on since I was a child. I stopped for many years, maybe doing an occasional Granny's Fav dishcloth but thanks again to my Auntie Linda I started up again a few years ago. I love doing quick projects but have plans for a few bigger things this year. I have never done socks but...plan on trying soon. I also like to cross stitch, prim stitchery and woodworking my Jeff. Most if not all of our work is primitive and we have talked about maybe selling some of our items but not sure. I also spend a lot of time on my lap top. I have a Myspace account http://www.myspace.com/mrsjeff57 where I keep in touch with all our kids or should i say keep an eye on them! It is set to private so if you want to add me you will have to message me.


Christmas Knitting for 2007--I really thought I started early enough but of course I didn't I was knitting right up to when the kids were all coming for their Christmas! I really needed some of Santa's elves to help me out. I did manage to make 2 baby hats, 3 scarves--one with my first cable!!, 4 adult hats and 5 pairs of slippers--3 for my girls and 2 for my guys! I was really surprised that my boys--who are all in their early to mid 20's, loved the slippers!!! I think the ones that I made hats for and didn't make slippers for really wanted them! I do need to finish up a hat for one of the boys that couldn't make it for Christmas and I am working on a cable scarf for Miki.


Knitting Goals for 2008--I WILL learn to make socks!! I would like to make a lacy shawl for Miki for her wedding and of course the usual--to use up my stash. I also would like to join some kind of knitting group but to be honest there really isn't a whole lot in my area who knows maybe I will start my own group! Ya right!!!


Well that's it for now--i need to get my butt in gear--Miki is picking me up at around 10:30, she is getting her hair cut and needs some moral support--I should go and start a dishcloth to take with me! No I really do need to work on that hat!!


Blessings to all

Donna

3 comments:

Jill L said...

Donna here is my blogspot.
http://jglsjourneys.blogspot.com/

I will add yours to google readers to keep up to date.

Jill from 360

Dana said...

Hi Donna! I just saw your comment on my blog this morning. It's very nice to meet you.

In addition to knitting, it's obvious you and Linda share a love of primitives too. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your projects.

I passed Linda a pattern for cabled wrist warmers just yesterday and she just looked at the cables like, "yeah right." Maybe you could show her in person how easy they are (she doesn't believe me). :) Have a great day!

Dana said...

P.S. Are you in Ravelry yet? If so, I'm BlueRidgeKnit. Have you picked out a shawl for Miki yet? I have some very pretty patterns I'd be happy to share.