Friday, January 11, 2008

On the Needles today




Thought I would post a little before I headed out to get gas in my car and pick up some groceries at Kroger. This is the scarf I am working on for Miki. I showed it to her the other day and she loves it. It's the cable pattern from Lion Brand but of course I have to change the yarn and needle size. I am using Moda-Dea Tweedle Dee in Blackberry on size 11 needles. It really is working up great and it's sooooo soft! I love this yarn. I made 4 pairs of slippers using double strand of this yarn and everyone loved them--the colors are so pretty--shaded effects. See how pretty it is Auntie? It really isn't that hard to do a cable! I really would like to have this finished by the end of the weekend since it's supposed to get cold again here--of course it's almost 70 today!! Well I guess I should head out and get my running around done. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring other then hopefully working on the scarf and maybe casting on a hat for one of my girls. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hugs and Blessings to all

Donna

8 comments:

Jill L said...

It's coming along nicely -- happy knitting

Dana said...

Great cables and a gorgeous color! I'm going to have to try out Moda-Dea soon. Hope you're able to finish it this weekend as planned.

P.S. I really like your Live, Love, Laugh banner; it adorable.

(Linda: Bawk! Bawk! When are you going to start your cables?)

Jana B said...

WOW, that is gorgeous!!!!

Alison said...

It's beautiful!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

Dianne said...

Hi Donna,
The scarf is really gorgeous..I'm a non-cabler..as well as Auntie..who happens to be my Sock Sister..Maybe she and I can learn..and she can 're-learn' cables together..since we did socks together last year..nice meeting you Donna..per blog..

Joan said...

I love the scarf. I haven't tried that yarn yet. What is the sweater in your last post? Did you make that? Really pretty.

Primknitter said...

Thank you all for your wonderful commenmts and to answer Joan's question--nope didn't make thar sweater--that's another thing I want to learn this year is changing colors while knitting!

Lindy said...

The scarf is so pretty! The color is beautiful.